I am a veggies fan, seeing those colorful veggies on my plate, I assume all the nutrients that I am going to have, which will further make me healthy, Gosh! this fills me with gratification.
Mushroom, as they look, like an umbrella, absolutely justify their shape. They are full of proteins, minerals, vitamins, amino acids, antibiotics and antioxidants and guard us against diseases and infections.
We all know that mushrooms are healthy in a way that they:
- Prevent Cancer
- Help weight loss
- Prevent Diabetes
- Lower Cholesterol
- Improve bone health and
- Boost immune system
But the most interesting fact about the mushrooms is that they are the only source of Vitamin D in the produce aisle and its level can be increased if exposed to light. So, if you do not want to burn yourself up in the sun this summer, get your potion of Vitamin D with mushrooms. Cooked one is preferred over raw mushrooms for health benefits.
Okay so here’s a simple light mushroom recipe to entice your taste buds at the same time rich in nutrients.
You Will Need:
- Fresh Raw Mushrooms (chopped) (250gms)
- Onion (1) (chopped)
- Garlic (3-4) (chopped)
- Tomato (1) (chopped)
- Bell Pepper (1) (chopped)
- Peas (1/2 bowl)
- Carrot (1/2) (chopped)
- Green Chilies as you like (chopped)
- Grated ginger (1 Tablespoon)
- Cumin Seeds (1 Tablespoon)
- Sunflower seeds (1 Tablespoon)
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Pinch of Asafetida
Now Follow These Easy Steps:
- Wash the veggies and chop them into small pieces.
- Heat a pan with, put 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add Cumin seeds, mustard seeds and a pinch of asafetida, wait for 2 mins
- Add onion, and fry little
- Add grated ginger and garlic, with chopped chilies. You can also split chilies into two, I like the big pieces!
- Do not over fry the veggies, I prefer a little rawness, and it keeps the nutrients intact.
- Add peas and put a lid. Peas are generally hard, so it cooks well under steam when covered with a lid. Make sure your stove flame is at the lowest level.
- Peas would take 5 mins to cook, now you can add bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Add salt and other spices as per your taste preference.
- Garnish with cilantro and add a pinch of Lemon juice
- Your light healthy Mushroom Veggie Delight is ready to be served. You can have it with rice, soup or bread.
So try this out and let me know how did it taste! I will wait for your comments!